- | F E E D B A C K F O R K A L O M A K E A R T |Here are some feedback from our happy customers, we hope the feedback gives you a good understanding of our invitation design service. You can click on the Design Project for the stories and images.
- "We are utterly thrilled with our wedding invites from Kalo Make Art. They are perfect! Kalo listened to exactly what we wanted and came up with something brilliant and original, that tota
We came to kalo empty headed with no direction whatsoever for our invites, but she was so patient and really nice to work with! After only one round of brainstorming, we had a clear idea for our design. From then on, it was hassle free for us where Kalo helped us with all the printing coordination and paper recommendations. Also, her creative handwriting was well shown in our design suite. It was such a great collection as everything, from the invitation, red pockets to church program, all tied in nicely together. We had such a great time handing out our invites as we receive compliments instantly. Thank you so much for the awesome and handcraft design, we really appreciated your work and effort!Best Wishes, Yijia & James
- CLIENT: E V E L Y N + A N D R E W from Hong Kong, Wedding in October 2012
Design Project : Vintage Flowers"If you areoverwhelmed with ideas or a little short on time, then Kalo is your go-todesigner. She is passionate and dedicated to her job. As I have anart background myself, I am impressed with her knowledge of printmaking, patonecolours and paper qualities. Kalo provided professional advice throughout theprocess, liaised through email and phone efficiently and did turnarounds quickly. She was very patient with me andmade sure my expectations were met. I am happy with how my wedding invitationsturned out. When my mother first held and laid eyes on the invitation print sampleshe got teary-eyed. Thank you for the wonderful job Kalo. Best Wishes, Evelyn and Andrew"
- CLIENT: F R I D A + H A M P U S from Sweden + Hong Kong, Wedding in August 2012Design Project : Royal Castle"Planning and organizing a wedding can be quite stressful. We are very impressed and happy with Kalo's professional approach. She is determined to meet her clients requests and to deliver a perfect product based on our specific needs. We had a clear vision of what we wanted for our invitation and Kalo managed to interpret our vision into the perfect invitation, she made even though she had a great challenge in working in Swedish! We couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome, Kalo offered great creative input and great service and we will definitively turn to Kalo again for coming invites...Thank you Kalo!"
- CLIENT: V I C K Y + L E O from Hong Kong, Wedding in July 2012
Design Project : Garden Birds"Kalo came to help when we really needed it! When the design from our printer/designer came out not as I expected, Kalo was able to come up with a design that combines our bespoke requirements + her in-house design within a very short period of time. It turned out to be something very unique that we like a lot! Kalo also helped us follow-through on other details, choice of paper etc, without her help we would not have been able to have our invites in time for the wedding. Thank you Kalo!!"
- CLIENT: F R E J A + K E F F from Hong Kong, Wedding in July 2012Design Project : Garden Birds"Very lovely and modern design and great quality of the papers! Me and my fiance love them very much! The designer is very patient and nice, she'll talk with you to understand your preference and help you to choose the right one, very professional! You can find her every time you need her, which is very important for communication. No delay of design pattern or printing, you don't need to worry about anything but choose what you want!"
- CLIENT: V E R A + S I M O N from Singapore + Hong Kong, Wedding in July 2012
Design Project : Scottish Daisy"Ka Lo saved our wedding and marriage even before it began! We had an idea of combining my birth month daisy flower and my fiance's kilt tartan colour as a theme for the card and wedding. Originally we wanted to DIY the invite as we completely underestimated the hard work needed. We ordered dried flowers from Canada, daisy stickers from USA and we bought glue for dried flowers, embossing stamp and glitter powder from speciality art shop in HK. We also went around HK and Kowloon to explain what we wanted with various digital and offset printers as we were not sure which type of print would be compatible with what we wanted. Just the printing process alone involved lot of technical jargon and expert knowledge and this took several months of hard work (I did not even spend more than a day and a half on my own wedding dress!). However, despite several mock ups with different printers, the print looked horrendous and worse than our home printer version.Just when we were feeling completely down and lost, my make up artist Ka Lam, who is Ka Lo's sister referred me to try Ka Lo who graduated in art. I was so relieved when I saw Ka Lo's portfolio as I knew that she knew what I wanted and that she would be able to execute our vision. On top of it, Ka Lo's pricing is completely reasonable unlike other specialty wedding invite designers who would charge you an arm and a leg for what Ka Lo can deliver for a tenth of it. Ka Lo gave us very good advice regarding not using dried flowers as it will damage in the post and over course of time. She also helped in reformatting the design in line with the theme as well as ordering accessories such as the wax stamp and seal. Many thanks to Ka Lo and I hope this testimonial would save a lot of soon to be wed couples headache over the invitation process. Best wishes, Vera"
- CLIENT: O C T A V I A + A L E X I S from London, Wedding in July 2012
Design Project : Festive Wedding"I was so impressed with my wedding invitations. Kalo Make Art provided inspiration for the design and then tailored the invitation to our exact requirements.The design is lovely and personal and the service was quick, efficient and really friendly - exactly what we were looking for. Thank you for your help, Kalo!"
- CLIENT: S H A R O N + S I U T U N G from Hong Kong, Wedding in May 2012
Design Project : Orienteering Thanks"We engaged in Kalo Make Art to help us design a thank-you card after our wedding, based on what we both love - nature and orienteering. She took no trouble to make 2 different designs and then several drafts (with different tones/colour etc) for us to choose from. It wasn't easy as most thank-you/wedding cards are elegant and simple. But after discussing with Kalo our thoughts and what we wanted and after several rounds of drafts, the card (design/colour tone) turned out great and truly represented us and how we met. Thank you Kalo!"
- CLIENT: S A I D A + A L E X from Morocco and Hong Kong, Baby Announcement May 2012Design Project : Baby Announcement Card for Dragon Boy"Truly unique and bespoke baby card design with great devotion to detail. Thank you so much for all your great advice - we will come back, so god will! Thanks Kalo!! All the best, Alex and Saïda""
- CLIENT: L I S A + P A U L from London and Wales, Wedding in August 2011
Design Project : Garden Party"'A friend of mine recommended Kalo to me as I was looking for something really unique for my wedding invitations. She was fantastic from start to finish! She really took the time to understand the style of our wedding, our personalities and preferences and what we like design wise. We went with her very first design as it was perfect and exactly what I imagined!
Kalo produced beautiful hand screen printed invites that were elegant, understated and original. I had so many guests comment on the fact that they had never received invites like ours before. I have it framed now beside our wedding pictures as it is a lovely keepsake of the day. Kalo was really responsive, super friendly and helpful thoroughout and I cannot recommend her highly enough!'
- CLIENT: S Z I L I V A + P E T E R from Hungary + London, Wedding in August 2011Design Project : World Traveller"We had some ideas on our mind about how our wedding card should look like, but Kalo’s realization added special flavour to it, all her suggestions were creative and original.
She was open for our idea but she made it unique with great empathy. Agreement on final version was basically a fun and fruit bearing conversation among us. The result became fantastic, simple but charming & very characteristic for us. Unfortunately we had short deadline for the cards, but Kalo did great job to prepare everything on time and in best quality. The wedding card represents our big day, we have sent the invitations proudly to friends and family and they will always evoke nice memories. At my parents the card is on display in the cupboard window! We really thank Kalo for her kind and professional work, we are very grateful and are looking forward to have her design at other occasions again."
- CLIENT: S O P H I E from Holland, Birthday Bash in September 2010
Design Project : Sweet 30"Becoming 30 and giving a nice party, needs a great invitation. I had some ideas how my invitation should look like and discussed my ideas with Kalo. Kalo immediately translated it into a creative design which I really loved. The design expresses me, my interest, the coulours I love and it tells in a creative way the story. Kalo again I really like to thank you very much for my beautiful invitation."
- CLIENT: R E G I N E + A D A M from London and San Francisco, Wedding in July 2010Design Project : Lovers Anchor"When we were planning our wedding, we knew we wanted to do things a little differently. Kalo had made the wedding invites for our friends' wedding, so we went straight to her. Kalo was really receptive to our ideas, and was happy to spend time talking through what she could do, making suggestions but allowing us to feel that we were in control. The design we settled on - based on a vintage tattoo design - looked just how we had wanted it, so much so that we ended up asking Kalo to help us use it for the reception seating plans as well."
- CLIENT: M I Y A K O + M A T T H I A S from Holland + Germany, Wedding in June 2010
Design Project : Miffy in Love"For the design of our wedding invitation my wife to be and I wanted to have someone who would allow us to bring our own ideas to the table but then still give the invite a professional feel. Kalo did exactly that and her creative yet very organised personality gave us that piece of mind you need when you wedding day is approaching fast. Thanks a lot for your help Kalo :) , Matthias & Miyako"